Friday, March 31, 2017

Political Uterus

Political Uterus




This isn’t a tested pattern...its just my notes from making a few of these so far... if you find a mistake or a better way to do it... please comment or send me message on Ravelry!

I used size 3 40 inch long circulars for magic loop because I wanted tight stitches since I knew I was going to be using loose stuffing.

Red Heart Soft in Dark Pink and a mystery baby pink worsted leftover from one of the million pink baby things I’ve made over the last few years.

M1L/M1R - Make 1 right/left tutorial can be found here.

SSK - tutorial can be found here

KFBF tutorial can be found here.

Cast on 24 to the needles using Judy's Magic Cast On

Knit one round

 K1P1 ribbing for 7 rows

Knit one round

K1, M1L, knit to 1 stitch before end and M1R, K1  and repeat on other side/needle

Knit one round

Repeat the last two rows until you have 36 stitches on each needle.


Work the #resist chart (or if you have another political message in mind…) 

All stitches in the chart are knit, the white is your main color and the black is your contrast color. 



Slip first 12 stitches onto scrap yarn, knit across to last 12 stiches, slip 12 stitches to another piece of scrap yarn. On needle 2, slip first 12 stitches onto the same scrap yarn as the last 12 of needle 1. Knit across to last 12 stitches and slip those onto the same scrap yarn as the first 12 stitches from needle 1. This is like separating for sweater sleeves.

 Knit one round on the stitches left on the needles, add stuffing to desired fullness and then bind off using preferred bind off... I like the three needle bind off for this. 

Put the stitches from one of the pieces of scrap yarn onto the needles, and pick up two stitches from where your bind off in the middle is.  

Knit 10 rounds
 Add a little bit of stuffing (I used yarn scraps) as you go. 
On the needle that is on the "back side" of the tube, decrease by one stitch in whatever your preferred decrease is every other row until you have 10 stitches remaining total.  I used SSK for my decreases, and periodically moved stitches from the "front" needle to the back to keep it even. 

Knit 14 rows (or to your preferred tube length).

Add stuffing to desired fullness.

Kfbf (Knit into the front and back, and then into the front again) of each stitch on the needles.

Bind off using a stretchy bind off of your choice - I used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy bind off method.

Make a pom pom in your contrast color and sew into the end of your tube. 

Repeat for other side. 

Thats it! You've made a #politicaluterus! 


I'd prefer it if people didn't sell these... but obviously its the internet. I can't stop you... but don't be an asshole... at least credit me for the pattern!